Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Meal Planning Sheet and the Nyberg Meal Plan


Want to eat healthy this week? Plan Ahead or Plan to Fail. 

Before the school year started, I found this lovely weekly meal planner via Pinterest. I really like the format because I plan four meals for the week but it doesn't matter which night we eat them. It also includes a place for the ingredients we need to buy from the store which I love. I actually take this entire page with me when I go grocery shopping. The Nyberg's typically eat out at least twice a week with our favorite being Panchero's.  



What's on the Nyberg's Meal Planning Sheet this week:

1. Beef Stew with Squash from Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso (we subbed carnival squash for acorn squash, and added carrots.)

2. Pork Chops with Apples: I simply brown pork chops (in skillet) on each side in coconut oil, transfer to a 9x13 pan, add sliced apples, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Smells awesome and tastes even better!

3. Chili: tomato sauce (without high fructose corn syrup!), chili powder, sausage/hamburger/onion, and chili beans for the men in my house. I like to add more veggies to my chili in place of the beans. Wes and my boys think all chili needs to have beans, but it doesn't fit with my paleo meals. 

4. Ben's Chicken: See my previous post for this recipe. We love it!! 

Besides the beans in the chili, we have prepared a paleo meal plan where everything is fresh, fairly local, delicious and healthy. AND FAST!!! 

And for fun, all of the groceries to make these meals (except the spices which I already had in the pantry) was well under $100. I would imagine it was closer to $50 because I also bought a lot of items for lunch & breakfast (eggs, meats, sweet potatoes, etc.) 

I'd love to know what you are eating this week or if you tried any of these recipes!

Enjoy!

--Katie




1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to say these things and you have been my voice and have said it for me. In fact, I think that you have said it even louder!
    Massage Table

    ReplyDelete